Altadena Senior Center
560 E Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001.
Phone: (626) 798-0505 – Fax: (626) 794-6742
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Click for Directions
The Altadena Senior Center is operated by the Department of Community and Senior Services. The Center is a community focal point where seniors can come together for services, programs and activities to enhance their dignity, support their independence and encourage community involvement. Numerous classes are offered such as in contemporary art, ballroom, folk and line dancing, Chinese brush painting, computer training, memory, sewing and needle craft, quilting, Spanish, exercise, strength training, and yoga. A wide range of employment services is provided as well as legal services and case management. In addition, the Center is a senior nutrition site serving daily lunches.
Ongoing special events include a Disaster Preparedness Seminar, Annual Spring Festival (April), Annual Health Fair (September), Annual Senior Center Volunteer Luncheon (November), and an Annual Christmas Party. In addition, Special Birthday luncheons are held the last Friday of every month, with movies shown every Friday at 12:30 p.m.
Organizations participating at the Senior Center include:
· AARP (free income tax preparation for seniors and caregivers)
· International Institute of Los Angeles (taxi vouchers)
· Red Hat Society (meets second Tuesday of each month at 10 a.m.)
· Huntington Hospital (blood pressure and diabetes clinics)
· “Moving Seniors” group (helps seniors navigate public transportation)
· YWCA Interval (nutritious daily lunches - $2 donation)
The Center has a fully equipped fitness center with a jacuzzi, and a billiard room for card and board games.
Call for information.