The Los Angeles County WDB
- is one of 48 Local Workforce Development Boards in the State of California, certified by the Governor of the State of California
- operates with, and on behalf of, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors to carry out functions mandated by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) Section 107(d) and state law AB 1270 Section 25
- WIOA was signed into law on July 22, 2014 by President Obama
- AB 1270 was signed into law to integrate WIOA into the California Labor Code
- WIOA is intended “to strengthen the United States workforce development system through innovation in, and alignment and improvement of, employment, training, and education programs in the United States, and to promote individual and national economic growth
- serves a designated local area comprised of 58 cities and over 100 unincorporated areas within Los Angeles County
- is the 2nd largest designated local area in the State of California, serving nearly 4 million residents
Mature Workers Pre-Employment Training:
Workforce Development Board serving other areas in Los Angeles County are:
- City of Los Angeles WDB: www.lacity.org
- Foothill WDB: www.fwibworks.org
- Southeast Los Angeles County WDB: www.selaco.com
- Verdugo WDB: www.verdugojobscenter.org
- South Bay WDB: www.sbwib.org
- Pacific Gateway WDB(Long Beach): www.pacific-gateway.org
Visit www.workforce.lacounty.gov for more information.
For services, call (888) 226-6300.
*We are not responsible for content of other websites!