Florence/Firestone Service Center
7807 S. Compton Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90001
Phone: (323) 586-6502 – Fax: (323) 582-4071
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Click for Directions
The Florence/Firestone Community Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to provide comprehensive human services in partnership with communities, business, and public and private agencies. Programs offered include short-term case management, information and referral, form completion assistance, interpretation, advocacy, consumer education, job referrals, elderly care services, emergency food, mediation and conflict resolution, transportation, utility assistance, and assisted housing application online.
Senior activities include health screenings and insurance referrals, nutrition education, exercise and fitness equipment, arts & crafts, dancing, bingo, and cultural events.
Organizations providing services include:
· Title V Senior Community Services Employment Program
· Old Timers Foundation (daily nutritious meals)
· Department of Public Social Services (food stamps and Medi-Cal)
· Community Technology Enhancement Program (computer training)
· Department of Consumer Affairs
· Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (certified birth, death, marriage records)
· Parks & Recreation (issues permits)
· Office of County Supervisor (constituent services)
· 87th St. Block/Antwerp Block Club (neighborhood concerns)
· Compton/Nadeau Senior Club
· Florence Firestone Community Enhancement Team (beautification)
· Alzheimer’s Association (advocacy)
· Fremont-Washington Adult School (ESL classes)