Los Nietos Community and Senior Center
11640 E. Slauson Ave., Whittier, CA 90606
Phone: (562) 699-9898 – Fax: (562) 692-7441
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Click for Directions
The Los Nietos Community and Senior Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to enhance the community with educational, social and recreational activities. Center staff network with other County departments and non-profit agencies to provide comprehensive information and referrals. Programs include form completion assistance, translation services, renter’s credit, flu shot clinic, and Naturalization Form completion. There is an on-site emergency food distribution on the 2nd and 4th Fridays for local residents.
Aerobics classes, dance including senior line and Aztec, and crochet are also available. Clubs calling Los Nietos home include Los Nietos, Club Cultural Pan Americano, John F. Kennedy Social Club, Victor Rosales Senior Club, and Crochet Club. Bingo is offered Monday through Friday afternoons.
Organizations providing services include:
· Whittier Area Parents Assn. for Developmentally Handicapped (services)
· Southeast Area Social Services Funding Authority (senior lunches daily)
· Challenging Latinos to Access Resource Opportunities (CLARO) (tutoring)
· Title V Senior Employment Program
· Bet Tsedek (legal advice)
· Rio Hondo College (foster caregiver certification, cooking classes, ESL)
· More Advocacy for Safe Homes (MASH) (advocacy to work with County government)
· Spirritt Family Services Parent Project (parenting class on how to steer teens from graffiti)