The Department of Community and Senior Services offers a variety of employment and training programs through our America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) sites located throughout the County of Los Angeles. Funded by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and under the leadership of the Los Angeles County Workforce Development Board, these programs serve individual job seekers looking for employment and training resources. For job seekers that are Military Veterans, we have a dedicated program specializing in services to Veterans by Veterans.
In addition to WIOA-funded programs, we have a comprehensive, Youth Employment Program, which provides targeted work experience and on-the-job-training to young adults.
Our department also serves businesses in our community, providing connections to local workforce talent prepared through our AJCCs, customized training and other specialized business services.
The Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs are for individuals 18 years of age or older who are authorized to work in the U.S. The Adult program is available to all adults, with a particular priority emphasis on helping low-income individuals, those receiving public assistance and those who are basic skills deficient. The Dislocated Worker program is for adults who are unemployed through no fault of their own, or who have received an official layoff notice. Both programs provides the following free career and training services to help job seekers in attaining long-term, living wage careers:
Career and Training Services – Career and Training services include, but are not limited to , the following:
- Initial and Comprehensive Assessments (including assessment of aptitudes, abilities, and basic skills levels to find the best career pathway)
- Financial Literacy Services
- Career Planning and Counseling
- Labor Market Information
- Financial Aid Information
- English Language Acquisition
- Supportive Services
- Workforce Preparation
- Training Services (including Occupational Skills training, On-the-Job Training, Job Readiness Training, Customized Training and more).
Other Career and Training Services available. Please visit www.worksourcecalifornia.com for more comprehensive information on services and program eligibility.
The Rapid Response Program is a primary gateway to the workforce system for both dislocated workers and employers. The main purpose of Rapid Response is to help laid-off workers quickly transition to new employment. In addition, Business Services staff work hand in hand with Rapid Response staff to plan, identify, and respond to layoffs so as to prevent or minimize their impact to the community. Rapid Response Program activities include the following:
- Informational and Direct Reemployment Services for Workers
- Convening, Facilitating, and Brokering Connections and Partnerships with Employers
- Solutions for Businesses in Transition
The Youth Program prepares youth for educational opportunities or employment
- Paid work experience for youth ages 14-21 during off-school periods
- Summer Youth Employment program provides subsidized youth employment and supportive services for youth ages 14-24.
- Services provided by the 16 Youth provider agencies located throughout Los Angeles County.
Other business services by America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) include:
- Assistance with interviewing potential employees
- Availability of interviewing and meeting rooms
- Customized training resources
LOS ANGELES COUNTY JOB OPPORTUNTIES:
Department of Human Resources