Taste of Soul 2016
The 11th Annual Taste of Soul celebration went spectacularly on Saturday, October 15, 2016. It was such a great opportunity for the County and its communities to come together in a fun, family-friendly environment with lots of vendors, resources, food, performances, and entertainment. Our department was very well represented at the County Pavilion and we were very excited to have met you and shared with you all the great things we are doing for you and your community. Here is a brief recap of our interaction at Taste of Soul:
• We spoke with a total of about 500 constituents which we provided with informational resources about the programs and services we provide.
• Networking contacts were established with several County and other community resource agencies that should prove beneficial to our provisions of service
• 2nd District Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Community and Senior Services (CSS) Director Cynthia Banks was hosted at our resource table in the County Pavilion
• Members of our staff from different Branches (Human Relations Branch, Workforce & Community Services Branch) collaborated effectively to make our Department’s presence an impressive one.
• Promotional items were provided to visitors to raise awareness among the community about CSS and its programs.
We would like to thank all of our staff for helping make this such a successful event and most importantly, we would like to thank each and every person that stopped by our table, as YOU are the reason we serve. We look forward to seeing you again next year at Taste of Soul 2017!