Elder Abuse AWARENESS MONTH
CSS, in collaboration with the California Association of Area Agencies on Aging (C4A), California Welfare Directors Association (CWDA), the California District Attorneys Association (CDAA) and other partners, intends to raise awareness of the escalating epidemic of elder and dependent adult abuse by launching a month-long education and resource campaign during June. The month-long campaign coincides with World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) on June 15.
We need your support! By working together we can amplify the awareness campaign here in Los Angeles County and ensure that older and dependent adults are given the respect, protection and justice they deserve.
Here are some ways you can support this campaign:
1. Post the “Don’t Miss the Signs of Abuse” poster in your offices and share it with your colleagues and community partners.
2. Wear Purple to work on June 15 in honor of WEAAD.
3. Place the campaign logos in your email signature block during the month of June.
4. Make a difference in the lives of vulnerable adults in your community by spreading the word of abuse awareness to your friends, family and neighbors.
5. Connect with CSS and other partners during June via Twitter @LACountyCSS and on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/LACoCommunityAndSeniorServices/ and tweet/post using the hashtags #WEAAD2016 and #StopElderAbuse
Thank you for your commitment to the older adult population of Los Angeles County.
Cynthia Banks, Director
Community and Senior Services
3175 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90020